Well, as those who follow my personal blog already know, things went pretty much cattywompus after the election, and I’ve missed a lot of days. I’m definitely not going to make 50k words on anything this month, but I’m going to continue trying to work on my projects every day, just to establish good habits.
The Sisters Grimmoire Vol. 2 is nearly complete in first draft form. I still have to flesh out most of the spells and translate my notes into actual prose. I also need to figure out whether I’m going to try and write forewords for each section like Anna and I did for The Sisters Grimmoire Vol 1. Still haven’t made a decision about cover art either.
I’ve gotten bits and piece and some plot outlines done for my short horror pieces. The ideas are there, it’s just the usual problem of “how do I get from A to B” and so on. I’m less worried about this one since it’s a long-term project. I’m hoping to eventually have enough short stories to self-publish a little collection via CreateSpace.
I’ve managed to get some work done my Practical Magic articles, which will eventually be part of my website and narrated for my YouTube channel. I’ve already done a piece on Magical Flame and Fire Safety. Upcoming articles include Supermarket Sorcery, Practical Aspects of Smoke Cleansing, and On the Possibility of Spiritual Attack.
There’s also that book of personal craft things that I’ve been keeping on the back burner for months now. I was going over potential material for that this morning, and there’s quite a lot more than I was expecting. I’m going to focus on that for today, just to see how close I am to having a complete book. If this is a Witches’ Cupboard situation where it turns out that a book can be put together with fairly little effort, I’ll probably throw all my spare time into getting that finished.
Further updates as events warrant!