Day 18 (Update)
So, “Grovedaughter Witchery” is coming along quite nicely.
This is looking like a pretty decent-sized project so far. I still have to finish a few pieces, just to give it some heft. I also want to add a handful or so more original witchball charm recipes, and I need to finalize the magical powder recipes that I’m including. (Witches’ Cupboard fans, rejoice! There’s a slew of new ones!)
The book will also include several spells from my personal files, articles I’ve written on various aspects of magical practice and mechanics, tutorials and how-to guides, and an updated version of my advice for beginner witches.
Still a long way to go, much clean-up to do. But I’m off to a very good start!
At the risk of jinxing myself, the book is going very well!
I’ve started compiling the various articles and the draft copy is up to 35 pages already. There’s lots more to be done still, and I’m hoping to make at least 200 pages by the time it’s finished. That seems to be a pretty common length for witchy books of this type.
I’m doing my best to make the text inclusive and non-preachy, and I made sure to include a note at the beginning so that it’s very clear that the book is based on my own practices, and that my opinions shouldn’t be taken as fact. I also tidied up the language in my Advice for beginners section. (Because as anyone who knows me will tell you, sometimes I swear too goddamn much.)
Shifting my focus to this project has turned out to be the best idea I’ve had in ages. If I can keep up this pace and get a few pages written or edited every day, I just might make my end-of-month goal after all!
(And if not, it’ll be a lot easier to get it done next month.)